Thursday, March 24, 2011

(Another) Quick Walgreens Stop

I had to go to a AZ state board of nursing meeting today for a school project. During the meeting I checked out thecentsableshoppin.com. There was a post about Windex cleaner being free when using a Walgreens booklet coupon and a MQ. Thankfully I had this in mind when I stopped in. I of course didn't have the MQ for Windex on hand, so I lucked out when they were just $4.19.


Transaction #1:
Almay makeup removal pads
Ferrero Rocher chocolates on clearance for $1.99 (I swear I never get this much chocolate it's just that right now they are just such good deals, and yes I did eat two in the car)
Subtotal was $3.18 with tax: $3.61 and got back a $5 RR

Transaction #2:
(3) Windex all in one
(3) Hertz cat flea drops also on clearance for $2
I used the Walgreens booklet Q and the $5 RR from the first transaction
Subtotal was $1 with tax I paid $2.73
The bottom of my receipt it says I saved $73.94

The cashier was so sweet and impressed, she also wanted to get in on the Windex deal. Her manager told me I should have taken their entire stock. They are being remodeled and she wants all the clearance gone. When it comes to using coupons the best I can hope for is an indifferent cashier especially when something is free, but it's so awesome to get a great cashier. I wish they were like this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment