Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Happy Shopping Days

I'm doing my OB clinicals about 45 minutes away from home, unfortunately this means getting up even earlier, but it also means that I get to stop at two GW's I rarely visit (after a 10 hour shift). Well it paid off, I got 2 great condition Pyrex early American bowls with lids for $7! I was carrying them around in the store and I'm pretty sure I was being followed by this woman, I didn't have a cart (or sometimes I grab whatever bag that's around and use it as a shopping bag till checkout) I think she was hoping I would change my mind or set them down so she could snatch them or maybe I am just paranoid...
The quart was $2.99
The 1-1/2 quart was $3.99

Moving on, I also did some online shopping. Now maybe this is strange, but I don't like buying things from Sephora without getting the 3 free samples they offer, I try not to buy in store because of this. There was a free shipping code floating around so I got 7 free samples and my favorite mascara - Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoking Lash. I have the wimpiest lashes so I have to use waterproof mascara or my lashes will be straight even after curling. If you are looking for a waterproof mascara this is my recommendation. I wish someone would have told me about this a long time ago (if you want to buy drugstore I like Maybelline Lash Discovery in Waterproof).
Is there anything better than getting stuff in the mail?
Another purchase I made was Rilo Kiley's Take Offs & Landings record. This has never been released as an LP before. I was so excited I ordered it off Amazon the second I heard it was coming out. Thanks to my free prime membership I got it today.
I put it in a $1.50 LP frame (GW). Here she is sitting pretty next to another amazing record.
I put it in the frame for the picture and then immediately took it out and listened to it in all its vinyl glory.
I can't even begin to explain how much I love Jenny Lewis so I won't even try. If you've never listened - google now. You'll be doing yourself a favor.


Both taken 7/11/09 at the Marquee Theater in Tempe, AZ. Please don't take/use/post-elsewhere without 1st asking. 
The End.

Linking up to Apron Thrift Girl

5 comments:

  1. Just an FYI, I had planned to become a follower, but I can't find a "follow me" button on your blog, so I couldn't. :( Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Pyrex buys, absolute bargains! I'd love some of those LP frames too - will have to keep an eagle eye out :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thrift stalkers do exist! I too have been followed around, in the probable hopes of changing my mind on awesome finds I unearthed. Not a chance! Also, I love Sephora...last month I wrote a post about how a lot of the money I save on thrifty finds goes to Sephora. But for the prices, the product is amazing and lasts way longer than drug store brands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn - I know when I 1st see an item I want at a thrift I am always nervous to check out the price tag, this was a happy surprise.

    Jackie - Yep I love Sephora too! Why not splurge? I got my Marie Claire mag today, it said that in France one of their best sellers is that Make up for ever mascara. See I know my stuff haha. Thanks for becoming a follower!

    ReplyDelete